Please note: This Parent book is included in the Red Set but it’s also available to be purchased separately.
This second grade reading program is perfect for the fluent reader and continued phonics instruction will bring confidence and fluency to the beginning reader. The fluent reader will enjoy the exciting stories in the readers and use them to learn grammar, creative writing, higher-order thinking skills, and much more.
You will see in this video that the artwork on the covers of the LLATL books are not the same as what you see on the image on the site. This is because LLATL have done an upgrade on the artwork as well as some minor changes to the content. This video is still relevant in what is being shown and told, hence us leaving it here for you to see. Please contact us if you would like to know more detail about the specific changes pertaining to the upgraded LLATL. [email protected]
Click here to do the – Placement Test (0.14MB)
The Common Sense Press second grade reading program continues phonics instruction that will bring confidence and fluency to the beginning reader. The updated third edition is even easier to use with the new readers that give your student more practice in mastering phonics. Students will enjoy the exciting stories in the readers and use them to learn grammar, creative writing, higher-order thinking skills, and much more.
- 36 weekly lessons divided into easy-to-use daily plans.
- Lessons require little or NO preparation! Instructions and activities for phonics, reading skills, grammar, creative writing, and higher-order thinking skills taken from six delightful readers! Includes a quick review of first grade phonics and instruction in advanced phonics.
- Enrichment Activities included in The Red Book Program will challenge your student with thinking, writing, and creative activities that are ideal for the fluent reader and easily adaptable for the nonreader.
- Handwriting instruction teaches upper and lower case letters, numbers, PLUS punctuation! Illustrated practice sheets encourage your student to do his best.
- Phonics Facts, Grammar Guides, and Punctuation Pointers keep students on track.
- Games, word-wheels, flip books, and MORE hands-on projects and activities are effective for ALL types of learners.
- Spelling lessons include spelling lists, word puzzles, and spelling tips.
- Assessments enable teachers to evaluate progress. Phonics Facts, Grammar Guides, Syllable Sense, and Punctuation Pointers aid students in remembering the tricks of the trade for reading, grammar, and spelling.
- Essential to the program, additional consumable Student Activity Books may be purchased separately
Instructions and activities for phonics, reading skills, grammar, creative writing, and higher-order thinking skills taken from the six delightful readers! Read-aloud stories and “real books” provide a basis for important reading, writing, and higher and order thinking skills.
- 1X Parent/Teacher Book
Reviews and Assessments after most lessons, aid teachers in identifying strengths and weaknesses.