The Purple Book is a blend of dictation and unit studies including poetry, oral presentations, and speech making. The updated third edition is even easier to use with added vocabulary and spelling exercises. Lessons integrate all the fifth grade language arts skills: grammar, creative writing, composition, spelling, higher-order reasoning, and study skills.
Please note: The Student Activity Book cannot be used independently.
You will see in this video that the artwork on the covers of the LLATL books are not the same as what you see on the image on the site. This is because LLATL have done an upgrade on the artwork as well as some minor changes to the content. This video is still relevant in what is being shown and told, hence us leaving it here for you to see. Please contact us if you would like to know more detail about the specific changes pertaining to the upgraded LLATL. [email protected]
Click here to do the – Placement Test (0.26MB)
The Purple Student Activity Book is the perfect companion for The Purple Teacher Book! Everything in one book: student instruction, a place for writing, and a tool for easy record keeping. Allows for more independent work, a BONUS for teachers. The Purple SAB provides Enrichment Activities such as word puzzles, analogies, logic/reasoning activities and more found ONLY in the SAB. (Answers are found in The Teacher Book.) Please note: The Student Activity Book cannot be used independently.
- 36 weekly lessons divided into easy-to-use daily plans. Teacher friendly, with little or no preparation needed!
- Everyday Words: Students hone in on grammar skills through dictation and writing exercises.
- Speech Making and Oral Presentation Units: Students learn how to make oral presentations such as speeches and stories.
- Poetry Unit: Additional creative writing and expression are taught extensively using poetry.
- Four Book Studies
- Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Trumpet of the Swan by E.B.White
- Number the Stars by Lois Lowry
- Caddie Woodlawn by Carol Ryrie Brink
- Each book study contains a summary, vocabulary skills, reading comprehension, and exciting activities.
- The Skills Index provides an easy skill reference.
- Review Activities follow most lessons providing additional skill practice.
- Assessments help teachers to evaluate student’s progress.
Students hone in on grammar skills through dictation and writing exercises.
Students learn how to make oral presentations such as speeches and stories. Each unit provides the opportunity for your student to apply his skills through research, creative writing, journal writing, etc.