Please note: This Parent Book is included in the Blue Book Set but it’s also available to be purchased separately.
The teacher manual outlines daily lesson plans. Some preparation time is required. You will need to collect materials like glue, crayons, markers, popsicle sticks, and old catalogs or magazines. You will, occasionally, need books from the library, for which you will need to plan ahead.
Note: damaged/clearance products are non-refundable or returnable.
You will see in this video that the artwork on the covers of the LLATL books are not the same as what you see on the image on the site. This is because LLATL have done an upgrade on the artwork as well as some minor changes to the content. This video is still relevant in what is being shown and told, hence us leaving it here for you to see. Please contact us if you would like to know more detail about the specific changes pertaining to the upgraded LLATL. [email protected]
Click here to do the – Blue Placement Test
The Common Sense Reading Program, the Blue Book, for first grade skills, is the perfect reading program for for beginning readers. The updated third edition is even easier to use with clearer instructions and a colorized companion Student Booklet. Lessons include: phonics instruction using the “Successful Reading for Beginners” series. Your student begins reading stories right away!
- 36 weekly lessons divided into easy-to-use daily plans.
- Lessons require little or NO preparation! Read-aloud stories and “real books” provide a basis for language arts skills:
- Phonics, reading, spelling, grammar, and higher order thinking skills, even handwriting included!
- The “real book” read alouds for this program may be obtained through your library or purchased from bookstores or catalogs.
- A systematic phonics approach includes: short and long vowels, consonant blends, word families, and sight words.
- Handwriting instruction teaches upper and lower case letters, numbers, and punctuation! Illustrated practice sheets encourage your student to do his best.
- Games, word-wheels, flip books, and MORE hands-on projects and activities are effective for ALL types of learners.
- Assessments enable teachers to evaluate progress. Essential to the program, consumable Student Activity Books may be purchased separately.
- 1X Parent/Teacher Book
Reviews and Assessments after most lessons, aid teachers in identifying strengths and weaknesses.